The ATO is hosting a range of Small Business Workshops and Webinars to help you learn more about key issues in todays environment.
We’ve outlined the below that are being hosted in our area this week. So be sure to register and attend if you need help and support in these specific areas:
Do you have employees, or are you thinking of employing workers?
Understand your tax and super obligations as an employer.
You’ll learn about:
- what to do when you hire workers, and how to determine whether they’re employees or contractors
- pay as you go (PAYG) withholding annual reports and payment summaries
- how to report fringe benefits for your employees
- superannuation reporting and due dates.
- taxable payments reporting for the building and construction industry.
We will show you online tools and resources and you’ll have the chance to ask questions.
17th May 2019, 12pm – 1.30pm. Register here.
16th May 2019, 1.30pm – 3pm. Register here.
Record keeping (GST Registered)
Are you new to business, or thinking of starting a small business? Give your business the best start!
This FREE 2 hour introductory workshop is for small businesses who:
· want to learn how to keep records to claim all entitled deductions
· are registered for GST or who are thinking of registering for GST.
At this event you will have hands-on experience of recording money in and out of your business. You will also learn how to calculate and record GST as well as time-saving tips allowing you to focus on your business.
To get the most out of this workshop, please bring a pen and calculator.
After the event we will send you a short online survey – we value your feedback and suggestions.
17th May 2019, 9am – 11am. Register here.
Single Touch Payroll
Are you a small business employer with less than 20 employees?
Join us for this 90 minute overview session to understand how your payroll, tax and super reporting obligations, as an employer, will be streamlined, using Single Touch payroll from 1st July 2019.
Find out more about the options and concessions available to small business employers to report payments such as salaries, wages, tax withheld and superannuation each time you pay your workers.
If you require more detail around the logistics of reporting then register for our Single Touch Payroll: Reporting webinar.
17th May 2019, 1.30pm – 3pm. Register here.
Are you new to business, or thinking of starting a small business?
Give your business the best start!
You’ll learn about:
- business structures and their different rules, tax rates and obligations
- tax and non-tax business registrations
- allowable deductions, including motor vehicle deductions, depreciation and home-based business expenses
- annual and quarterly reporting requirements
- record keeping principles
- where to go for help and information when you need it.
We will show you online tools and resources that can help you and you’ll have the chance to ask questions.
This is a great opportunity for you to network.
There is a dedicated Employer essentials free workshop so employer obligations are not covered in this event.
16 May 2019, 10.30am – 12.30pm. Register here.